1.2.5 Audio Description (Prerecorded): Audio description is provided for all prerecorded video content in synchronized media. (Level AA)
- Video that includes important visual information has audio description.
Why is it important?
This ensures that information communicated visually in the video is available to people who cannot see it.
- For videos that are pre-recorded, provide audio description of what happens on screen, even if you’ve already provided a text description.
- Video content (like instructional videos, ads or interviews) must have audio description.
- A video includes important visual information but does not have audio description.
- The audio description does not describe important information communicated visually in the video.
- The audio description is not synchronised to complement the audio content of the video.