1.2.1 Audio-Only and Video-Only: For prerecorded audio-only and prerecorded video-only media, the following are true, except when the audio or video is a media alternative for text and is clearly labeled as such: (Level A)
- Prerecorded Audio-only: An alternative for time-based media is provided that presents equivalent information for prerecorded audio-only content.
- Prerecorded Video-only: Either an alternative for time-based media or an audio track is provided that presents equivalent information for prerecorded video-only content.
- A text transcript is available (on the same page or on a page linked from the page containing the media) for any audio-only content (e.g. podcasts) and video-only content.
Benefitted disability types
This ensures that the information is available to people who cannot hear.
- For audio content that has no video (like a podcast), provide a transcript.
- Audio-only content that communicates information (like a podcast) should have a text transcript.
- Audio-only content that communicates information does not have a text transcript.
- Video-only content that communicates information does not have a text transcript or an audio description.
- The text transcript for audio-only content does not include all spoken dialogue and sound effects.
- The text transcript for video-only content does not include descriptions of all important visual information.
- The text transcript for audio-only or video-only content is not clearly labelled as such.
- The audio description for video-only content does not include descriptions of all important visual information.
Accessibility Guidelines- Github.io